Email or call for price.
Discover South Africa - a country brimming with bucket-list experiences
Whether you're hoping to catch a glimpse of nature's most majestic animals, get an adrenaline fix scaling the heights of Table Mountain or simply soak up the summer sunshine with a glass of world-class wine, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that South Africa has to offer. Inside you'll find a detailed guide to the country's animals, terrain and flora as well as information on local conservation efforts.
From vibrant city life to abundant wildlife, rugged vistas to beautiful beaches, prehistoric paintings to cutting edge contemporary art, South Africa has it all. This vast and varied country offers so many travel possibilities that you won't be able to resist.
Our regularly updated guide brings South Africa to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed information on all the must-see sights, inspiring photography, and our trademark illustrations.
- our pick of South Africa's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- a detailed guide with information on animals, terrain, flora and conservation
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the country easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- color-coded chapters to every part of South Africa, from Johannesburg to Cape Town, the Winelands to Kwazulu-Natal
- our new lightweight format, so you can take it with you wherever you go
Want the best of Cape Town and the Winelands in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Cape Town and the Winelands for top 10 lists to all-things Cape Town.
About the Author
About DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photography, and illustrations of any guide.
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." – Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." – The Philadelphia Inquirer