WE CAN ORDER THIS FOR YOU (store pickup in 5-14 days)
Easy, clear, readable, and focused on what you want to do.
Step-by-step instructions for the tasks you care about most.
Large, full-color, close-up photos with callouts to iPhone photos that show you exactly what to do.
Common-sense help when you run into iPhone problems or limitations.
Tips and notes to help you get the most from your iPhone. Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your iPhone working just the way you want. The tasks include how to:
- Connect to the Internet, Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi networks, and other iPhones and iPads; take advantage of AirDrop to instantly share with iPhone, iPad and Mac users
- Use Siri to get information, write texts and emails, set reminders/appointments, and more--just by speaking to your iPhone
- Customize your iPhone with folders, widgets, wallpaper, ringtones, and much more
- Use iCloud, Google, and other cloud services to have consistent calendar, contact, and other information on all your devices
- Communicate via phone calls, FaceTime videoconferences, conference calls, text, email, and more
- Take advantage of the Messages app to instantly communicate with just about anyone, anywhere; send and receive photos and videos with a few simple taps
- Get the most out of Safari to browse the Web and Mail to manage all your email from one Inbox - Use the Wallet app to manage boarding passes and loyalty cards; pay for purchases safely and securely with Apple Pay; and use other great iPhone apps
- Capture and edit photos and video; use great camera features such as telephoto zoom, portrait mode, burst photos, time-lapse and slow-motion video, and Live Photos
- View your photos in Memories and use them for wallpaper and for your contacts or share them via email, AirDrop, or texts; use iCloud to automatically save your photos
- Find, download, install, and use iPhone apps to help you travel, get information, keep in touch, have fun, and more
About the Author
Brad Miser has written extensively about technology, with his favorite topics being the amazing "i" devices, especially the iPhone, that make it possible to take our lives with us while we are on the move. In addition to My iPhone for Seniors, Seventh Edition, Brad has written many other books, including My iPhone, Twelfth Edition. He has been an author, development editor, or technical editor for more than 60 other titles. Brad is or has been the manager of a team of sales engineers and proposal writers, a principal sales engineer, the director of product and customer services, and the manager of education and support services for several software development companies. Previously, he was the lead proposal specialist for an aircraft engine manufacturer, a development editor for a computer book publisher, and a civilian aviation test officer/engineer for the U.S. Army. Brad holds a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo and has received advanced education in maintainability engineering, business, and other topics. Brad would love to hear about your experiences with this book (the good, the bad, and the ugly). You can write to him at email@example.com.