Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Discover your genealogy using the latest methods
Thoroughly revised to cover new tools, techniques, and data, How to Do Everything: Genealogy, Fourth Edition uniquely addresses all the major genealogical record types and explains traditional and digital researchstrategies. Genealogy expert George G. Morgan shows you how to research your family history using the most current websites, mobile apps, social networking sites, record archives, census data, digital records, DNA research, and more. Discover your family's past with help from the new edition of this bestselling guide.
- Start an effective, well-organized genealogical research project
- Work with traditional, electronic, and genetic research
- Analyze and organize your family information
- Locate and access genealogy records in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, and Australia
- Place your ancestors in geographical and historical context
- Learn successful Internet search techniques
- Locate vital, civil registration, census, and church records
- Track down military, property, and immigration and naturalization records
- Access libraries, archives, and other repositories online
- Research and verify your ancestors using geneticgenealogy (DNA)
- Get past brick walls and dead ends
- Incorporate social networking into your research
About the Author
George G. Morgan, president of Aha! Seminars, Inc., is a popular speaker at international genealogical conferences. He is cohost, with Drew Smith, of The Genealogy GuysSM Podcast, the longest-running genealogy podcast with thousands of listeners worldwide. They are the coauthors of Advanced Genealogy Research Techniques.