Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Master the tools and techniques of mobile forensic investigations
Conduct mobile forensic investigations that are legal, ethical, and highly effective using the detailed information contained in this practical guide. Mobile Forensic Investigations: A Guide to Evidence Collection, Analysis, and Presentation fully explains the latest tools and methods along with features, examples, and real-world case studies. Find out how to assemble a mobile forensics lab, collect prosecutable evidence, uncover hidden files, and lock down the chain of custody. This comprehensive resource shows not only how to collect and analyze mobile device data but also how to accurately document your investigations to deliver court-ready documents.
- Legally seize mobile devices, USB drives, SD cards, and SIM cards
- Uncover sensitive data through both physical and logical techniques
- Properly package, document, transport, and store evidence
- Work with free, open source, and commercial forensic software
- Perform a deep dive analysis of iOS, Android, and Windows Phone file systems
- Extract evidence from application, cache, and user storage files
- Build SQLite queries and Python scripts for mobile device file interrogation
- Prepare reports that will hold up to judicial and defense scrutiny
About the Author
Lee Reiber is a recognized expert and pioneer in the mobile forensics field. Lee often speaks globally on the recovery of mobile data, incident response to mobile threats, and advanced analysis techniques. Lee hosts a mobile forensics-centric podcast and blog, http: //blog.cellphonedetectives.com, and is a frequent contributor and author to several tech magazines."