(This book cannot be returned.)
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.Select, set up, and maintain a reliable home generator
This complete and practical guide shows you, step by step, how to choose the best generator for your needs, safely and properly install it, and handle troubleshootingand maintenance. Home Generator Selection, Installation, and Repair covers a wide variety of models, including those from the most popular manufacturers--Briggs and Stratton, Coleman, and Honda. Nearly 150 photos and diagrams help you to identify thevarious electrical components. This hands-on resource also describes the tools you'll need and provides sources for additional information and discount parts.
Home Generator Selection, Installation, and Repair explains:
- How to decipher the technical terminology used in generator manuals
- Different types of fuels--gasoline, propane, natural gas, and diesel
- How to evaluate a generator's quality
- Essential features, including instrumentation, protection from electroshock, and large pneumatic tires for mobility
- How to safely connect generator output to home oroffice circuits
- Portable generator support requirements, includingproper fuel storage and an inventory of parts, such as oil and air filters
- Emergency fixes
- Generator troubleshooting and repair procedures
- Engine overhaul
About the Author
Paul Dempsey is a Master Mechanic and former editor of World Oil magazine. He is the author of more than 20 technical books, including Small Engine Repair, How to Repair Briggs & Stratton Engines, and Troubleshooting and Repairing Diesel Engines.