And hundreds of AMAZING facts about the U.S.A.!
Can you guess the names of the ten states below?
1. I have the highest waterfalls in North America.
2. I am the smallest state.
3. I am the largest state.
4. I have produced the most presidents of the United States.
5. I was the first to become a state.
6. I was the last to become a state.
7. I have the "Gateway to America."
8. I have the most kids under age ten.
9. I have the most tornadoes.
10. I am home to America's most popular vacation spot.See page 6 for answers.
About the Author
Kenneth C. Davis is the New York Times bestselling author of A Nation Rising; America's Hidden History; and Don't Know Much About® History, which spent thirty-five consecutive weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, sold more than 1.7 million copies, and gave rise to his phenomenal Don't Know Much About® series for adults and children. A resident of New York City and Dorset, Vermont, Davis frequently appears on national television and radio and has been a commentator on NPR's All Things Considered. He blogs regularly at www.dontknowmuch.com.
Renée Andriani is an illustrator who works on everything from greeting cards to picture books. Besides being a professional doodler, she loves hanging out with her children and dogs, hiking, campfires, and really good coffee. Andriani lives in the Kansas City area, and you can visit her at www.randriani.carbonmade.com.
“A bright, cheery romp through the states.”
— School Library Journal