Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 15 in the Sigma Force Novels series.
- #1: Map of Bones: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #1) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #2: Black Order: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #2) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #3: The Judas Strain CD: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #3) (CD-Audio): $44.95
- #4: The Judas Strain: A SIGMA Force Novel (SIGMA Force Novels #4) (Compact Disc): $55.99
- #5: The Doomsday Key: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #5) (Large Print / Paperback): $28.99
- #6: The Devil Colony: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #6) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #7: Bloodline: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #7) (Paperback): $16.99
- #8: The Eye of God: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #8) (Large Print / Paperback): $27.99
- #9: The 6th Extinction: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #9) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #10: The Bone Labyrinth: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #10) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #11: The Seventh Plague: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #11) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #12: The Seventh Plague: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #12) (Large Print / Paperback): $29.99
- #13: Crucible: A Thriller (Sigma Force Novels #13) (Large Print / Paperback): $28.99
- #22: Kingdom of Bones: A Thriller (Sigma Force Novels #22) (Hardcover): $28.99
To save the world and our future, Sigma Force must embark on a dangerous odyssey into an ancient past whose horrors are all too present in this page-turning thriller from #1 New York Times bestselling author James Rollins that combines cutting-edge science, historical mystery, mythology, and pulse-pounding action.
For eons, the city of Troy—whose legendary fall was detailed in Homer’s Iliad—was believed to be myth, until archaeologists in the nineteenth century uncovered its ancient walls buried beneath the sands. If Troy was real, how much of Homer’s twin tales of gods and monsters, curses and miracles—The Iliad and The Odyssey—could also be true and awaiting discovery?
In the frozen tundra of Greenland, a group of modern-day researchers stumble on a shocking find: a medieval ship buried a half-mile below the ice. The ship’s hold contains a collection of even older artifacts—tools of war—dating back to the Bronze Age. Inside the captain’s cabin is a magnificent treasure that is as priceless as it is miraculous: a clockwork gold map imbedded with an intricate silver astrolabe. The mechanism was crafted by a group of Muslim inventors—the Banū Mūsā brothers—considered by many to be the Da Vincis of the Arab world—brilliant scientists who inspired Leonardo’s own work.
Once activated, the moving map traces the path of Odysseus’s famous ship as it sailed away from Troy. But the route detours as the map opens to reveal a fiery river leading to a hidden realm underneath the Mediterranean Sea. It is the subterranean world of Tartarus, the Greek name for Hell. In mythology, Tartarus was where the wicked were punished and the monstrous Titans of old, imprisoned.
When word of Tartarus spreads—and of the cache of miraculous weapons said to be hidden there—tensions explode in this volatile region where Turks battle Kurds, terrorists wage war, and civilians suffer untold horrors. The phantasmagoric horrors found in Homer’s tales are all too real—and could be unleashed upon the world. Whoever possesses them can use their awesome power to control the future of humanity.
Now, Sigma Force must go where humans fear to tread. To prevent a tyrant from igniting a global war, they must cross the very gates of Hell.
About the Author
James Rollins is the author of international thrillers that have been translated into more than forty languages. His Sigma series has been lauded as one of the “top crowd pleasers” (New York Times) and one of the "hottest summer reads" (People magazine). In each novel, acclaimed for its originality, Rollins unveils unseen worlds, scientific breakthroughs, and historical secrets—and he does it all at breakneck speed and with stunning insight. He lives in the Sierra Nevada mountains.
“Rollins spins an entertaining thriller”
— Kirkus Reviews on THE LAST ODYSSEY
— Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"Nobody does this stuff better."
— Lee Child
“Fascinating research, beautifully told ... a riveting read.”
— Wilbur Smith
“As with his previous novels, Crucible is a top notch ‘science fiction’ thriller which will take the reader on a terrific and terrifying ride.”
— Iron Mountain Daily News
“Rollins’ latest Sigma Force novel is one of the best in the series....The mix of science, history, and high-concept adventure is always first-rate in a Rollins novel....Devotees of Clive Cussler and Steve Berry are no doubt reading Rollins already, but if they’re not, what’s keeping them?”
— Booklist (starred review) on The Demon Crown
“Impossible to put down and impossible to separate the well-researched facts from the masterfully written fiction. The Bone Labyrinth will remind you why you fell in love with reading. This book is that good!”
— Brad Thor