Fully Revised and Updated, The Complete Joy of Homebrewing is everything you need to know to brew beer at home from start to finish including new recipes, updated charts on hop varieties, secrets to fermentation, beer kit tips, and more—from the master of homebrewing.
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing is the essential guide to understanding and making beer, from stouts, ales, lagers, and bitters, to specialty beers and meads. Everything to get started is here: the basics of building a home brewery, world-class proven recipes, easy-to-follow instructions, and the latest advancements in brewing. Master brewer Charlie Papazian also includes the history and lore of beer, the science behind brewing, and tips on how to create your own original ale.
This completely revised and updated edition includes:
- An expanded and updated homebrew recipe chart: How to brew 53 traditional beers
- A Beer Styles chart with easy-to-understand descriptions of key flavor and aroma characters along with homebrew technical data to make your own recipe formulations
- A list of more than 75 beer types describing strength, hop aroma, bitterness, flavor, color, sweetness, and alcohol percentage
- Expanded charts on 68 hop varieties, descriptions, and uses
- Brand new recipes
- Beer kit tips
- Key information about using and understanding hops
- Five secrets to fermentation
- And much more
About the Author
Charlie Papazian is the founder of the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) and the Association of Brewers and the current president of the Brewers Association. The creator of the Great American Beer Festival and the World Beer Cup, he is the founding publisher of the magazines Zymurgy (for homebrewers) and The New Brewer (for professional craftbrewers). He lives in Boulder, Colorado, with his wife, Sandra, and daughter, Carla, where he still avidly homebrews lagers, ales, and honey meads.
“The absolute bible of the genre is Charlie Papazian’s Complete Joy of Homebrewing, now in its fourth edition. Papazian demystifies the process and shows you easy and effective ways to craft killer beers. What truly sets his book apart is his infectious enthusiasm for brewing.”
— Men's Journal
“Papazian helped pave the way for that seismic shift in beer culture. Among his laundry list of accomplishments, he went on to literally write the book on homebrewing…It’s one of the first and best-known books on the subject.”
— Food & Wine